Custom Metal Optics Services
Not sure if one of our standard metal optics is the best fit for your requirements? Do you have an application that might require a custom designed mirror? Or do you need help designing an interface with a standard mirror? Specialty Components’ custom metal optics services can help you design and develop a first-surface metal mirror for your specific application. Our ISO 9001-certified engineering design and development process ensures Non-contact based three-dimensional surface form interferometry thorough and careful attention to all aspects of the project plan. We have unique experience with diamond turning fabrication and design that will help accelerate your project. Precise reference features may be directly incorporated into the mirror body which may result in a more cost effective solution than what our standard products offer.
Many of the custom metal optics we deliver include multi-level assemblies which integrate brackets and other mounting components directly to the mirror. Our climate-controlled facility features high-precision diamond turning machinery for all types of fabrication.
Our in-house metrology department includes a full suite of state-of-the-art measuring instruments to qualify all aspects of the design including dimensional accuracy using both non-contact based interferometry for form and surface roughness, and contact based surface roughness and form measurement.
Examples of cutom metal optics
Custom metal optics or other new products adhere to the following design and development process prescribed by our ISO 9001 certified quality management system:
- Design phase: Input and output characteristics, dimensional data, materials, and other requirements are gathered from the customer. This data is developed into a conceptual air bearing by our engineering department utilizing previous design knowledge, industry technology, materials and resources available, statutory and regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Development phase: the outputs from the Design Concept are used to develop the technical documents necessary to build a prototype air bearing.
- Prototype Build: The prototype is manufactured according to the developed technical documents, which may include customer drawings of the layout and other components.
- Verification of Prototype: The verification process is performed during and at the completion of the build process. The intent of verification is to ensure that all the parts, materials, processes and inspections comply with the design input criteria.
- Validation of Prototype: The validation process is performed at the end of the development. The intent of validation is to ensure that the air bearing functions as required by the customer purchase order requirements or specifications.